Who can participate ?
The Byron Underwater Festival is aimed to engage everyone with an interest in the marine environment, whether they want to dive it, snorkel it, kayak it or just observe it from the safety of their armchairs.
What will be happening ?
Byron Underwater Photographic Shootout
- 4 days – 8 dives – as much digital media or rolls of film as you can expose
- Open to novices and professionals alike
- Dive with underwater pioneer Neville Coleman
Thousands of dollars worth of prizes including Beuchat dive equipment and snorkel gear – dive trips and more Snorkel tours
Snorkel with turtles at Julian Rocks
- Discover the wreck of the Tassie II
Critter identity workshops – What did I see ?
- with Neville Coleman – each afternoon at PLANULA Divers Retreat
Marine wildlife presentations
- Introduction to Nudibranchs – Neville Coleman
- Underwater Naturalist – Neville Coleman
- Many other presentations to be announced
Byron Underwater – where tropical and temperate waters merge
Other activities and events will include
Discover Scuba tours – always wanted to try it – now is the time Kayaking with dolphins – Including information sessions on dolphin biology and more Kids events including interpretative beach walk – families are welcome at UF07 Clean up dive – help to preserve our pristine underwater world Night Dive at the wreck of the Tassie II – see what critters come out in the dark
Various Festival Packages available – divers and non-divers welcome
For more info on the Byron Underwater Festival, please keep visiting the festival website